How to Maintain your Countertop
Updated: Nov 28, 2021
If not cleaned and maintained properly, the beauty of your countertop won't last. Looking bad is one aspect, but affecting the daily usage is worse. Let's take a look at the cleaning and maintenance methods of the countertops.
Whether it's washing and cutting vegetables or placing miscellaneous things, the countertop is a must-use place in our kitchen for cooking. You don't want your cooking place to be like a garbage dump, cooking up a bunch of bacteria. Therefore, the daily cleaning and maintenance of the countertop is extremely important.
1. After the quartz/granite stone countertop is used, clean it with water, soapy water or detergent, and then wipe the countertop with a dry cloth.
2. For the stains (rust, ink) that stay on the table for a long time, use a damp cloth to wipe the surface stains, then use soap or strong detergent to evenly apply, then wipe back and forth with a rag until the stains are removed, and then rinse with water, clean and wipe dry.
3. If you use stainless steel countertops, they can be cleaned with a dry soft cloth per usual, but the soft cloth must be clean and must be wiped along the direction of the stainless steel wool to avoid scratches. If you use water or detergent, wipe it dry with a soft cloth immediately to avoid unnecessary water marks.
1. The countertop should be ventilated and dry. In order to avoid partial overheating and cracking of the countertop, please do not put hot pots, irons, electric stoves and other high-temperature utensils directly on the countertop for a long time. It is recommended to use pot pads with good heat insulation. A lot of our customers assume quartz countertop or granite countertop can resist high heat, it is not true.
2. In order to make the quartz stone countertops look like new for a long time, if there are oil stains, soy sauce stains, rust and other stains on the countertops, please clean them right away.
3. Appropriate use of professional products such as stainless steel activator for maintenance can better maintain the gloss and uniform appearance of stainless steel cabinet countertops.